The State of New Jersey requires all vehicles on the road to have an active auto insurance policy. With this mandate in place, it is crucial for drivers to know their options when making an informed decision on which company to obtain a policy from. Different auto insurance companies in New Jersey will charge you different prices based on factors including your driving record, credit or vehicle garaging address, so shopping your rate is very important.
What do I need to take into account when purchasing a policy in New Jersey?
- Do you rent or own your home?– Your home is often times your biggest asset and making sure that it is always protected, is important. Your New Jersey auto insurance policy has safeguards to protect your home with higher limits. In addition, there are certain policies that offer extra coverage to make sure you do not lose your home if you are in an auto accident.
- Do you have assets that need to be protected?– If you were in an auto accident and unable to work after your accident, do you have coverage? Insurance policies in New Jersey often times offer additional coverage to make sure an auto accident does not stress your finances. To figure out the best package to fit your needs, speak to a licensed insurance professional who can walk you through your options.
- How much per month can you afford to pay?– Finding cheap auto insurance in New Jersey is not easy to do, but if you take your time and research your options, you will find a good fit. Speaking to a licensed insurance professional who represents more than one company in New Jersey gives you options to shop multiple companies.
- Who will be on your policy?– In New Jersey, every driver within your household must be on your auto insurance policy. If they have their own insurance policy, often times you can avoid surcharges. Do you have children or young drivers that will use your cars? If so, your insurance premium may be expensive, and is another reason to shop for auto insurance quotes.
- What discounts do you qualify for?– New Jersey auto insurance companies all offer different discounts, but you will find that some companies offer more discounts than others. Listed below are common discounts that you may find in New Jersey:
- Safe driver Discount
- Good Student Discount
- Claims Free Discount
- Multi Car Discount
- Loyalty Discount
- Bundled Policy Discount
- Anti-Theft Discount
- Defensive Driver Course Completion Discount